Friday, January 28, 2011

Apricot Mandarin Jam

I freeze a lot of fruit during the summer, most stone fruit (peaches, plums, apricots) and berries(strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries) freeze beautifully. The trick is to freeze them on a cookie sheet with wax paper, lay them out in one layer. Dip them in lemon juice if they tend to turn brown. When they have completely frozen, remove them from the cookie sheet into a freezer bag. This way you can take out however much fruit you need for your recipe. Apples and kiwis freeze well too.
 About this time of year I begin to look into my freezer to see what summer fruit I can make into jams for the winter. With my mandarins beginning to ripen I made up this tasty combination.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum.

    We have left over strawberries we need to turn into jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a happy problem. I am having fun thinking up interesting combinations for new jams.

    ReplyDelete