Friday, November 16, 2012

Cornbread stuffing
My sister makes this cornbread stuffing, it may be my favorite part of the whole meal ( except for maybe the pies ;-)


Four to six days before Thanksgiving I make a pan of cornbread, and when it is cool, I cut it into cubes (about 1/2").  I let the cubes sit around and get stale or dry them out in the oven.

When ready to make the stuffing, toss with cubes:

1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1 cup cut up dried apricots ( the Turkish ones are the best)
1 green bell pepper cut into thin, 1-2" strips
anything else you'd like
salt & pepper to taste

Add both melted butter and turkey/chicken/veggie stock until stuffing is desired moistness.  
I use more melted butter than stock.

Place in  a buttered glass baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment