Thursday, August 20, 2015

Very easy brownies...thank you, Katharine Hepburn.

Somewhere, maybe Facebook, I saw this recipe for very easy brownies, purportedly from Katharine Hepburn. It intrigued me, usually the NY Times has pretty good stuff, foodwise.
While I like my divine brownie recipe, it does require cream cheese, lots of butter and three eggs.
This recipe looked simple and I had all the ingredients. I am glad I gave it a try. These are good basic brownies and as advertised, very easy to make. I didn't change a thing from the original recipe which is unusual for me. I have made them about four times now and have rapidly become a family favorite.



Katharine Hepburn's Brownies   

Ingredients
    •     ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    •    1/2 cup butter
    •    2 eggs
    •    1 cup sugar
    •    ¼ cup flour
    •    1 cup broken-up walnuts or pecans
    •    1 teaspoon vanilla
    •    pinch of salt

1.    Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch pan.
2.    Melt butter in saucepan with cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
3) Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.

4) In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, nuts, and salt. 


5) Add to the cocoa-butter mixture. Stir until just combined.

6) Pour into a greased 8x8 square pan.


7) Bake 35-40 minutes. Do not overbake; they should be gooey. 

8) Here comes the hard part...let cool, and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment