Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gift idea # 3, homemade cheese and bread

Last Christmas  I got a cheese-making kit from my niece and discovered how simple it was to make fresh cheese. I have made it many times since then to rave reviews at parties and dinners.You certainly don't need the kit to make this fresh cheese.


Make the basic fresh cheese. I use white vinegar instead of lemon for a sure thing. Then turn it into a great cheese spread with garlic and herbs or try the roasted red pepper spread.

Put it into a cute little ramekin add some fancy crackers or homemade bread, voila a great gift !!

I was delighted one year when someone made me several long baguettes and gave them to me on a pretty enamel tray. I still have that tray !!
Remember, gifts don't have to be expensive or fancy, homemade rules !!

No comments:

Post a Comment