Friday, April 13, 2012

Necessity is the Mother of Invention...

Or is that the name of Frank Zappa's old band :-)
Do you remember...Brown Shoes Don't Make it or Suzy Cream Cheese or Ruben and The Jets??
I was first introduced to the Mothers of Invention by a classically goofy science teacher in 8th grade. Why this crazy man was teaching science at a Catholic girls school in Paris, France, I will never understand. Bless his heart, he got me excited about science and Frank Zappa.

But I digress...the other day I went to get out my mini food processor to grind seeds for those great crackers. I dropped the lid on the floor and was bummed to see that I had broken off the little plastic piece that triggers the machine to work.

At first I thought all was lost , then I came up with this quick and goofy fix.
I used a knife to trigger the machine to work by pressing it right where that little plastic piece normally would go.
It worked well, not a permanent fix but good for now. I hope to find another machine at a yard sale soon.

1 comment:

  1. best blog post ever! zappa and broken food processors. this is why the internet was invented

    ReplyDelete