Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Aubergine...

Aubergine is  French for eggplant, it's also a color, a shade of purple as you can imagine, a word that rolls off the tongue nicely...
Our farmer's market finally has those small long Japanese eggplant that are so tender and tasty.
Last night I made that wonderful stir fry with eggplant that I blogged about last summer.

This time I sliced the eggplant ahead of time, tossed them in some olive oil and salt ( about a teaspoon) and let them sit for about a hour. I was surprised by how quickly they cooked in my wok and how tender they were. I have salted eggplant in the past to remove the moisture from them but never before a stir fry. I didn't drain them or anything. I will definitely do this to all future eggplants for stir fry. Yum !!

No comments:

Post a Comment