Friday, August 31, 2012

Tabouli Quinoa Salad


 I was making the stuffed flat breads for dinner last night and wanted some kind of salad to go with it. In my usual fashion I looked int the fridge to see what needed using up.
There was a lonely bowl of cooked quinoa...leftover from some meal a few days ago.
This being the summer season, I had some beautiful red tomatoes and a cucumber as well.
Inspiration hit me, how would it be to make the traditional Middle Eastern tabouli with quinoa to replace the the cracked bulgur wheat ??

It was an amazing success.

Here's the recipe.

Tabouli  Quinoa Salad

Ingredients

2-3 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
1 sprig chopped fresh mint
1/4- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion.

1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing ( use whatever you have around or make your own).

1) Prepare all the vegetables.
2) Toss into cooked quinoa.
3) Mix the dressing into the salad and add salt and pepper to taste.

This is before I mixed it all together. I would have taken more photos if I had know how well this would turn out.
In my quickie version, I didn't use the garlic, onions or all that parsley but it was still so good. Bob couldn't stop eating it.



No comments:

Post a Comment