Sunday, October 21, 2012

Carrot Cake Pancakes


I don't remember what made us think of this...Bob has been enjoying pancakes on Sunday morning,
something planted the idea of making carrot cake pancakes in my little cooking brain.

Today I created these very simple tasty "cakes". I admit I did use a baking mix, I grew up with Bisquick, at least this is the Trader Joe's multi-grain version. Use whatever mix you like.

Carrot Cake Pancakes

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 finely grated carrots
2 tbsp shredded coconut
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cinnamon powder
2 cups baking mix

1) Mix together in a large bowl: 2 eggs, 1 cup milk,  1/4 cup canola and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
2) Finely grate 3 small carrots to make 1/2 cup well packed.
3) Add the 1/2 cup grated carrots, 2 tablespoons finely shredded coconut, 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
4) Mix together with 2 cups baking mix, let sit for 5 minutes.
5) Heat your pan or griddle, pour pancake batter. Genevieve found this fabulous cast iron griddle at a yard sale for me. I am finally learning how to use it correctly on my stove.
6) Flip those cakes.
7) Serve with warm applesauce and maple syrup.
8) Yum !! You could top with plain yogurt or add some raisins to the batter if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment