Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Laurie's Easy Peanut Sauce


Two event conspired to inspire me to finally make a peanut sauce and post about it.

First I had lunch with my friend and fellow food blogger at a local noodle house, Charlie Hong Kong. I had a great bowl of veggies and noodles with peanut sauce. It reminded me of how much I love peanut sauce. 

Secondly, with our leftover crab, I decided to make fresh spring rolls, peanut dipping sauce seemed like the perfect accompaniment.

On the box of the rice noodles I use in the spring rolls was a simple peanut sauce recipe which, of course I immediately modified. The results were stunningly good.

Laurie's Easy Peanut Sauce

Ingredients


1/2 cup peanut or mixed nut butter*
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. hot pepper jelly** or sweet chili sauce

* I used my homemade nut butter, feel free to use whatever kind of peanut or mixed nut butter you like.

**I used my own hot pepper jelly, you can now find a similar item in the gourmet section of your grocery store or instead use the sweet chili sauce.


1) Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. I found that using an immersion wand helped to make the sauce smoother.


2) If you want a thinner sauce feel free to add a tablespoon or two of water. 
If you want it spicier add a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne.

Can you tell I didn't take photos as I was making it...you would think I would know better by now !!

This sauce makes a great dipping sauce, use with noodles or stir fried vegetable. I found myself licking it off the plate ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment