Sunday, May 15, 2016

Oh Jeez...strawberry rhubarb crisp, beans, beets and more

Has it really been since March 29 since I last posted... ????
I have been taking a break from making new food and from blogging about it.
I feel guilty and I have to admit it feels like homework I would rather put off.
I have had "blog" on my to-do list for weeks, maybe months.

I am still eating and still cooking just on a much smaller, less exciting scale.
Cooking lots of great homemade food from fresh local ingredients takes a lot of time and energy.
I am guessing you already knew that.

There was a flurry of activity in my kitchen this morning.
Here is what occurred.

I made strawberry rhubarb crisp using my own rhubarb.


I cooked some beets to make to make a beet, spinach and goat cheese salad.


I made yogurt, which will yog for 8-10 hours today.


 And I soaked yellow beans from the Lompoc Bean Store, which I will cook tomorrow in the crock pot and eventually use to make this wonderful kale and bean soup.


That wasn't so hard, except for all the interruption from texting friends and family...
My new goal is to to something like this every week or so, no promises.





2 comments:

  1. I'm sure no one will complain if you share some of your simple easy "less exciting" meals. I've been so excited because a friend bought be a loaf of sourdough that I wouldn't usually think to buy. Just a small idea has given me so many new meal options! Small can be big :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will try to do that. Hooray for sourdough !!

    ReplyDelete