Sunday, January 1, 2017

The best from 2016, it's a short list.

Cooking new things and blogging about them were not high on my list this past year.
While I still love to eat and to cook, food blogging has slowly taken a back seat.
Times change and so does the focus of our lives.

This morning I did make creme caramel for dessert tonight with friends. It came out beautifully.

I was inspired to make the New Years Day special: hoppin' john, eating a bowl is said to bring you good luck for the year.

Here are a couple of recipes worth remembering from 2016.

 Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma !!
 This is such a tasty way to serve chicken.



My favorite chocolate chip cookies, these are worth the extra work.





Wacky cake is fun to say and simple to make and it's hard to believe that it has no eggs or dairy.




Two desserts, no surprise ;-)

I do have a lovely beet borscht recipe I hope to post soon.

A friend gave me a book on American Cakes, their history and recipes.
I hope to try one recipe from this book each month, yum !!

Happy New Year to you all, may it be full of good food !!


No comments:

Post a Comment