Just barely in time for your freedom celebrations.
Fun to say, fun to eat, this dessert is so simple to make it will free you up to have more fun tomorrow.
In my original recipe I used peaches, in this newer version I used blueberries and boysenberries.
It definitely looks more patriotic and would be great with any kind of berry.
Make in early in the day and sit back and relax !
1/3 cup white sugar
3 cups berries: blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries...
1 1/3 cups milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. almond meal ( don't have it, just skip it)
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Whipped cream for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 10 inch pie plate.
2. Arrange berries so that they cover the entire bottom of
the pie plate.
3. In a blender, combine the sugar, eggs,
milk, flour, almond meal, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Process until
smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour over the fruit in the pie plate.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned.
6. Let stand 30 minutes to an hour before slicing. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped cream.
It's great leftover for breakfast !!