Saturday, March 12, 2011

For the bacon lovers...fool proof, mess free

I can't remember where I first saw this way of making bacon but I have never gone back to frying it on the stove top.

I love bacon but hardly ever used to make it due to all the mess with splattering bacon grease, even with one of those mesh covers.

So here it is !!
Preheat your oven to 400 F.
Make a foil tray to set on a rimmed cookie sheet or baking pan.
I like to cut my bacon in half but you can leave it long too.

Put the bacon on the foil, then into the oven for 6 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon.
Turn the pan around after those 6 to 8 minutes and cook for 6 to 8 more minutes.

Presto crispy bacon !!
If you like it softer, cook it for a shorter time.


The clean up is so easy with the foil and your stove-top stays clean !!

No comments:

Post a Comment