Friday, August 19, 2011

Taylor's Potatoes





This is a very simple way to make French fry like potatoes without deep frying.
Taylor is my older brother and he taught me how to make them a long time ago.
Here is Taylor on a beach near his home about four hours south of Santa Cruz. Like the rest of my family, he is a good cook !! He also knits, paints and has an amazing vegetable garden.

Back to the potatoes...
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
I like to use Yukon Gold potatoes, Russets work too, actually whatever variety you like will be fine.

Slice them into wedges. I like to slice them into thin wedges.
Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with oil ( I like the Trader Joe's spray olive oil) or butter it.

Spray the potatoes lightly with oil. Or you can dot them with thin slivers of butter.
Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and anything else you like (garlic powder, chopped garlic, smoked paprika, dried herbs).

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. You can flip them over half way through the baking time. Use the longer time if you like them darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment