Molten Chocolate Cakes
- 1/2 cup butter, plus more to butter the molds
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona or some other high quality dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour, plus more for dusting
|They carry Valrhona at Trader Joe's !!|
1) If you are going to bake them right away, preheat the oven to 450 F. They can prepared in advanced but should be baked right before serving.
2) Prepare four ramekins or custard cups, buttering them and then dusting them with flour.
|Here's Rex beating the eggs and sugar. That is one happy guy !!|
9) Bake the molds for 5 to 6 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set. And trust me they only need to bake for that long !!
|Rex picked out four flavors: chocolate, vanilla, salted caramel gelato and coconut bliss.|
A whole one was too much for me, I ate it anyway ;-)
And we were surprised to find that they are great the next day cold, they turn into a fudgy brownie-like cake !!