That's the tag line for these super rich chocolate cookies with walnuts.
They are almost like a round brownie and will make any chocolate lover smile.
Remember to plan ahead as this dough needs to be chilled before baking !!
5 oz. unsweetened chocolate*, chopped
8 oz. bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1) In a small pan over low heat, melt the unsweetened chocolate and 4 oz. of the bittersweet chocolate. Set aside to cool.
6) Refrigerate the dough until it is firm enough to scoop, at least 1 1/2 hours.
7) Preheat oven to 350 F. The original recipe says to use an ungreased cookie sheet, I lined mine with parchment.
8) Drop scoops or large rounded tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
9) Bake until the cookies are cracked on top, dry on the surface but soft inside, about 15 minutes.
10) Allow to cool for a minute before removing to a cooling rack.
11) Store in a closed container and see how long you can keep them around ;-) They do freeze well if you have that much restraint.
* The second time I made these cookies I did not have unsweetened chocolate, so I used the darkest chocolate I did have. They still came out VERY chocolaty !!