Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Oatmeal Cookies Go Western

Yesterday I needed to make cookies as reward for the email Survivor Challenge I run. Wait what ?? Survivor the reality TV show about people living in the "wild" with little food ?? What does that have to do with fine cuisine, baking or do it yourself recipes ?? Not much, but it is one of my guilty pleasures and I have been running this fun and crazy Survivor Challenge for over 6 years now.

Each week before the show airs I send out three questions, participants send me their answers. After the show I discuss the episode, post the answers and add comments from my players. It makes watching the show more fun and my players love the camaraderie of sharing with other fans. Every four weeks there is a reward question added, get that one right and you win cookies baked by yours truly.

Back to those cookies, I wanted to do a take on Cowboy Cookies but they didn't need to be vegan.
In looking online the recipes I saw called for vegetable shortening: Crisco, that white awful stuff my mom always had in a huge tub.
I decided to go with my favorite oatmeal cookies and add one cup each of shredded coconut, and chocolate chips, I used walnuts instead of pecans.
They came out great !!


No comments:

Post a Comment