Monday, May 25, 2020

My new favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe

There are chocolate chip cookies and then there are chocolate chip cookies.
It took me a while to find a recipe I really liked, when I did, it had a lot of steps and took days to make. The good news was they were excellent, the bad news, I was not inspired to make them very often.
Recently I found another recipe that I adapted from a Moosewood cookbook.
It measured up to my standards but is easier to make. I have also decided to keep my blogging simpler, you all know what butter, sugar and eggs look like.
Taking and posting photos is a lot of work ;-) So here's to keeping it simple !!



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 cup butter at room temp
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cup unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Instructions

1) Preheat over to 375 F, prepare baking sheets with parchment, silicon baking mats or butter.
2) In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and brown sugar until smooth and light.
3) Beat in the eggs, until well blended.
4) In a separate bowl or measuring cup whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
5) Stir dry mixture carefully into the the wet, mixing well.
6) Add vanilla and water, stir.
7) Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
8) Drop a dollop of batter onto the baking sheet leaving room for them to spread.
  I put about a dozen to a sheet.
9) Bake for 10-12 minutes total, I like to switch the baking sheets half way through the baking time.
Do not over bake them, so check after 8 minutes. They will be golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, at least that’s how I like them.
10) Allow to cool, if you can stand to ;-)

The recipe yields about 30 cookies and the batter freezes well.

  

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, but please clarify: 3/4 butter??? Cup? Tablespoon? Pound? What? Sorry to sound dumb, but I’ve never made tollhouse cookies and I love yours, but can’t get any while I’m sheltering in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, my editing is a bit rusty...it's 3/4 cup butter.

      Delete
  2. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. Biography

    ReplyDelete