Friday, January 20, 2012

Why I haven't posted lately...and a few photos.

This past week we helped Genna move to this building. I didn't cook for a whole week but I did eat out and I will tell you about it. I didn't take photos of food like I should have but I will try and relate the photos I did take to food.

The name of this building reminds me of teriyaki.




Los Angeles is an amazing place for us foodies. Our first night there after a grueling drive from Santa Cruz we walked from my niece's apartment to Taco Por Favor. Great Mexican food, very fresh, no lard, big portions, great salsa bar.
The person on the left is my niece, she and Genna are hungry.
The next morning my niece walked us down to this amazing French bakery, Pain Du Jour for fresh pastries. "Pain" is  bread in French in case you had images of grimaces instead. The almond croissant was divine.

That evening we took Genna and her new roommates out to dinner at their favorite Korean place, Tofu Ya. Wow, Bob and I loved it. We don't have any Korean restaurants in Santa Cruz which made this a special treat.
Genna's new kitchen and dining room where many good meals will happen.
Genna was lucky enough to find roommates who are as "foodie" as she is. They go to two farmers markets on Sunday !!
On our last day we walked around the UCLA campus.
Looks like these should be edible...
The campus has some amazing architecture.

We eventually ended up in a quad with two food trucks, and four hungry people.
The Gastrobus.   
We had two choices, one that did Philly Cheese Steaks and The Gastrobus.
At first the name put us off but their menu did not. We all got their Thai chicken wraps, now I am not really a fan of wraps, but this one was delicious. It had fresh roasted chicken, lots of fresh greens, cilantro, a nice spicy peanut dressing and small crunchy bits of fried wonton skins. I am just sorry I did not take a photo, I was too busy devouring it.

Done in LA, we headed north for a visit with my brother and his wife. Lompoc does not have the vast array of restaurants found in the City of Angels but they do have a decent sushi place, Sushi Teri. That's where we had dinner.

The next day we went on a delightful hike to Lake Oso Flaco. I was hoping all that walking would work off the great breakfast my brother made us.
For lunch we picnicked at this little park in Oceana.
There were lots of birds.
While we ate our lunch, this seagull enjoyed his.
The next day we drove home and I have spent this last week catching up.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Genna has moved already...! I hope she's enjoying LA :-)

    ReplyDelete