Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lemons, Limes, Blood Oranges, oh my !!

It's the citrus time of year, so much beautiful fruit out there. I had some Meyers lemons and two kinds of limes in my fridge from friend's trees. I decided to trying making a combination of preserved lemons and limes. You may remember my recipe for preserved lemons, I did it the same way but added both lemons and limes and the juice from both.
In seven to ten days, I will know how it turns out.

I still had lemons and limes left so I decided to make lemon-limeade. I have tried making it with just limes before and it can get too bitter, so I did a mix this time. Again I used my favorite lemonade recipe just without the berries. It came out great !!
At the farmer's market this weekend I tasted a sample of blood oranges, usually they are quite tart but these were sweet and such great colors. If I had more I would have added a few to the lemonade for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment