Sunday, July 3, 2011

My favorite lemonade.

This is such an easy and very tasty lemonade. It is very versatile too. Perfect for a hot summer day.
You will need:
6 to 7 lemons, I prefer Meyers lemons
1 cup sugar
7 to 8 cups boiling water
1 to 2 cups fresh or frozen berries

Wash any dirt off the lemons, then slice them in half and place them in a large pot.
Add the one cup sugar and one to two cups berries if you like.
Bring 7 to 8 cups of water to a boil, pour over the lemons and sugar. Mix carefully to dissolve the sugar and release the juice from the berries.




Cover the pot and let cool for a couple of hours. Squeeze the lemons, pouring the juice back into the pot. Strain the mixture.
Pour into a pitcher or jar and refrigerate.
You can certainly make this without the berries and it is still very tasty.
You can also make lavender lemonade by adding 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried lavender when you pour in the boiling water.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie! I was inspired by you to make and can ginger syrup as a gift for my uncles this summer :-) Anyways, I saw this recipe and decided I absolutely have to share my strawberry basil lemonade recipe with you...you'd love it!

    http://whatsgabycooking.com/strawberry-basil-lemonade/

    ReplyDelete