Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lunch at Green's





Today I went to the famous Green's Restaurant in San Francisco to have lunch with my friend (and fellow food blogger) and the delightful women in her family. It was a birthday lunch for her.
We were greeted by this beautiful huge bouquet.

To drink we had the black currant lemonade, not too sweet, but also not a lot of black currant flavor.

I began with the carrot ginger soup, lovely and rich, the chives on top were a nice touch.

My friend started with the fresh spring rolls. They must have a machine to slice some many vegetable in that julienne strip !! She pronounced them crisp and tasty.

My main course was another appetizer, two pupusas stuffed with squash blossom and cheese.


Here's what the rest of our table had:




Everyone was happy with their choices and we all had room for dessert.





We were lucky enough to have table by the window, with amazing views of the huge America's Cup boats and the Golden Gate Bridge.

After lunch we strolled over the Reader's Bookstore  run by the Friend's of San Francisco Public Libraries. We all donated to the cause !!!

2 comments:

  1. It was a simply wonderful day! I loved watching all the food come out and loved eating it, tasting it, enjoying it. Fun, fun, fun. Let's do it again.

    I am glad you are my friend. And, you can use my name in your blog anytime. Don't have to keep me anonymous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a good time. It was fun to be there with another foodie !! I loved the drive up and back with you and your lovely daughter !!

    ReplyDelete