Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beet Hummus



I know it looks VERY pink, it is however, soooo tasty.
I had this beet hummus at a friend's party, as a beet lover I was so excited to find that lovely earthy taste in this hummus.

When I got home from the party I realized that I had some already cooked beets in my fridge.
I immediately set to work on this recipe.

Beet Hummus

Ingredients

1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons tahini

3/4 cup garbanzo beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
salt and pepper to taste


1) My beet were already cooked and had some vinegar on them so they were ready to go.



2) Chop one clove of garlic in the food processor.

3) Add the beets, 3/4 cup garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and tahini, blend until smooth.

4) Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, blend some more.

5) Taste and adjust seasonings.


This spread pairs very well with carrot ginger soup !!

1 comment:

  1. so glad to come across this as I was wondering what to do with the odds and ends I have in the fridge. I am so glad that you love food and love to cook and show us what you re doing. Thanks, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete