Friday, March 13, 2015

Vegan Feast

I just saw that it has been 10 days since my last post...life has happened. I found out last Thursday I had to find a new place for my almost 98 year old father to live, long story. The happy ending is that yesterday I moved him into a new abode with lovely blooming gardens.

Now I have time to post about this great vegan feast I made for my favorite vegans. Most of it you may recognize from past posts but reminders are good, right ??

I did try a new appetizer, roasted chickpeas. To give them some zing I added fresh lime juice which worked well but meant that the next day they were soggy. I will work on this recipe before I post it.


My fresh spring rolls are one of my dinner party stars. I stuffed them this time with grated carrots, avocado, baked tofu, fresh cilantro and kolhrabi.

The spring rolls are a great excuse to have lots of fun dipping sauces.

From left to right: soy citrus dipping sauce, pear ginger chutney, peanut sauce and homemade yogurt.

All of these sauce were a nice complement to the main course of stuffed flatbread, as well.

,

I made the  spinach, pea and potato filling up the day before and used whole wheat tortillas instead of making my own. This helped to simplify the dinner prep.

To end the meal I made my new favorite orange cake, which happens to be vegan.


We were all very happy and sated after this feast !!

1 comment: