Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I had for dinner in a motel in Green River, Utah.

 Today on our way to Green River, Utah, we stopped for lunch in the middle of nowhere
( Bob's favorite) and ate the leftover from our Italian dinner in  Elko, Nevada. It was a lot of pasta.
When we arrived at our motel this evening we weren't very hungry. I wanted a salad and had lots of veggies from home in my cooler and a baguette from a great bakery in Davis, CA. I had picked up on Tuesday morning. I remembered this cool salad idea that I am sure has a real name that I don't know.
Here's what I did, I broke the baguette into small pieces, it was three days old which is perfect. Then I layered chopped tomatoes, slivers of green bell pepper and applied some olive oil ( yes I bring olive oil with me).
I added thinly sliced cucumbers, radishes and carrots, and some avocado chunks. I sprinkled on some balsamic vinegar (hey, I come well prepared) and a dash of salt.
I did all my prep on the tippy little table in our motel with a vintage Buck knife.


It was so amazingly good, I plan to do it again tomorrow with the bread and veggies I have left.

1 comment:

  1. haha, this is great! I did something like this when Tyler and I were on our road trip to Texas...except it was cheese bread and a tomato we ate like an apple. Hope y'all are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete