Monday, December 2, 2013

Pecan Pie: it's still legal after Thankgiving

I know Thanksgiving is over but I still have a few related recipes to share.
 
I have been searching for a really good pecan pie recipe, I wanted one that doesn't use corn syrup. I make my famous almond toffee without it, why not my pecan pie. Agave works beautifully for both.

We found this recipe from the Food Network, Genna made it for Thanksgiving.

She has already requested that we make it again at Christmas, that's how good it is.
The orange zest is such a great accent, it helps cut that heavy sweetness.


Pecan Pie

Ingredients

6 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon brandy
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup agave nectar
3 large eggs
1/ 3/4 cups pecans, some broken up

1 pie crust

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with a baking sheet on the middle rack.

2) Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat.

3) Add the brown sugar, whisking until smooth.


4) Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla,brandy,orange zest, salt, and agave nectar.

5) Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in the butter and brown sugar mixture.

6) Put the pecans in the pie shell and pour the butter and brown sugar mixture evenly over them.

7) Place on the hot baking sheet and bake until the filling is set, 50 minutes to 1 hour.

8) Cool for 1 hour before slicing and serving.




2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I detect a pecan pie fan ?? Now I know what to make you for a holiday gift ;-)

      Delete