Sunday, December 14, 2014

Snack mixes as gifts.

 
Here are two very simple snack mixes that make nice stocking stuffers, hostess gifts or office offerings.

This first one is a gourmet trail mix. I was inspired by a funny incident in a Survivor episode. A player hoarded trail mix after a reward, it turned all the other players against her when she was discovered. One of the players of my Survivor Challenge won reward that episode. In keeping with the theme her reward was this gourmet trail mix. Now I know that the term "trail mix" may have a leave a bad taste in your mouth ;-) This version is so upscale and has no carob, raisins or colored pseudo candy. In fact after making for that reward, I had to make some for myself it was so fun to have around.

I use whole cashews, dry roasted almonds, honey roasted peanuts, dark chocolate covered almonds, large coconut flakes,  whole dried cranberries, dried apples, dried pears, dried apricots. I like to cut the fruit in half or quarters. The apples and pears are from my own yard.  The mixture lends itself to being creative. Fill a pint canning jar, add a bow and label, instant gift !


Or if salty is you thing try this addictive mix.


It's made up of all those salty things you love.


I get mine at Trader Joe's but I am sure any other grocery store with a bulk section will work too. Just  be sure to make enough for yourself ;-)

Next up: smoked pecans and curried nut mixes.



No comments:

Post a Comment