Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Year In Review: My Favorites from 2014

It's that time of year again...
I have to admit, I skip all the news, movie, book and other media year end reviews but when it comes to food, I say "bring it on" !!

Here are a dozen of my favorite recipes from this past year.
I hope that at least one of them inspires you.

1) Hippocrates Soup, this soup would make a great hangover cure ;-)

2) This French lentil salad was inspired by our trip to Paris this spring.















3) Making my own tahini, sesame butter was one of my goals for 2014, I did it !!

4) I am still amazed by this very simple ice cream recipe.
In fact I have been using it to make my seasonal peppermint ice cream.

5) One meal on our summer road trip inspired these Texas barbeque beans.

6) Homemade Baklava is truly the best.

















7) Apple Molasses, so simple, yet so tasty.

8) Grilled Flank Steak, you can use other cuts like flat iron or bavette. This has become a regular request at our house.

9) Minestrone soup is one of the first soups I ever made. It's so versatile.

10) Roasted Winter Squash, we have been eating it a lot this fall.



11) Smoked Pecans: these tasty treats were another inspiration from our Red Hot Red Stick Summer Road Trip. They get rave reviews as holidays gifts too.

















12) Last by not least, my most recent post: Vegetable Wellington !!




















HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment