Friday, January 9, 2015

My goals (?) for 2015.

It was fun to look at the post I did last year of my goals.
I was pleased that I had actually accomplished more than half of them.
Here is a quick review.

1) I made a concerted effort to learn to use a pressure cooker, only to discover I don't really need one in my life.
2) I posted about making your own cleaning products.
3) I have yet to make my own pie crust, so that will go on the 2015 list.
4) I did make my own tortillas, they are easy but also a time consuming process.
5) SpƤtzle, we were so excited when we first had this dish. I did try some recipes. The clean up was a bit of a hassle and then we were over it ;-)
6) This is the one I am most pleased with, using all my dried beans !! I have taken this one up with glee. Now I make all my own beans from dried and freeze them. In fact one of my favorite holiday gifts was from the Lompoc Bean Company !!

7) " Grow rhubarb and horseradish", I tried, the gophers won that battle. I am going to try again this year.
8) I forgot about sharing my bath and body products, this year, I promise !!
9) I made my own tahini and will  always do so.





Here are a few of the things I want to try out in 2015.

1) Once again making my own pie crust goes on the list. I already have a few recipes that are supposed to be fool-proof, we shall see.
2)  The next time I make bath and body products for an order, I will take photos and post the recipes.
3) We bought two kinds of rhubarb and we found gopher cages in which to plant them. Rhubabrb recipes could be posted this year.
4) I have never made risotto, I will look into it.
5) I didn't get a chance to stock up on puff pastry from Trader Joe's before they stopped selling it. I will explore making it from scratch.

Hmmm, that isn't a very long or impressive list, pie crust, risotto and puff pastry, no vegetables ??
Luckily I live it such a rich agricultural place that I am inspired often by the beautiful produce at my farmer's market.
I guess keeping it short may help me to accomplish all of them and I hope to post lots of tasty recipes using all kinds of wonderful foods.

I will happily take requests too ;-)














No comments:

Post a Comment