Thursday, January 2, 2014

A year in review: 12 favorite recipes from 2013.

 As Gina and Taylor were bustling about the kitchen making us a fabulous New Year's Day, I went through my year's worth of recipes and picked out my dozen favorites with help from Taylor, Gina and Bob.

Here they are in no particular order.

1) Peanut sauce: so easy and goes well on...
2) Fresh spring rolls: salad wrapped in rice paper.

3) Beef stew was Bob's first major cooking success, he wanted to make sure this was on the list.
4) Peppermint ice cream used to be a season treat, now I cam make it whenever I want to.

5) Whole orange cake, Taylor reminded me of this unique recipe. I plan to make it again soon.

6) Curried chickpea soup, this was a challenge by my friend Laurie to recreate a soup from a favorite restaurant. It was successful !!

7) Honey mustard dressing, I make this dressing all the time now.

8) Roasted curried chicken has become a favorite meal to make for dinner guest.

9) Asian peanut slaw goes well with the curried chicken or any other meal.

10) Quinoa salad makes for a great camping or picnic dish.

11) Devil's on horseback, decadent appetizers, bacon rules !!

12) Pecan pie, the best version I have ever had !!


Happy New Year !!
I look forward to another year of recipes !!

No comments:

Post a Comment