Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Back in the saddle.

I know it has been a long time since I have posted recipes and other helpful information.
Traveling does that to me. I had a delightful time in Paris, came home, got sick and am finally getting back to my normal routine.

I was very happy during my brief illness that I had frozen batches of soup. I had green soup and Hippocrates soup , they were both nourishing and easy.

I love to make meals that dovetail into each other and I love to have lots of food that is quick and easy to eat in my fridge. If I can find a couple of hours free, I will cook up mutiple things for use later in the week.

This week I made Laurie's potatoes as part of one dinner. I used the leftovers chopped into a quiche.

I made my Asian slaw to go with the quiche and now we have been adding it to our lunch menu. It's such a good salad for lasting through the week or taking in a packed lunch.
So is my massage kale salad. And the leftover quiche makes a great quick breakfast or lunch.

 I made polenta and a tomato sauce from my roasted tomatoes from the freezer. That made one dinner plus a lunch and I still have enough sauce to do it again this week ( good intentions to get this post done and all...). Tomato sauce only gets better as it sits, at least for a week or so.

I made up a big green salad to go with the polenta, because I dress just what is on my plate, that lasts for several days as well.

My soup for last week, which I am still eating for lunch this week, was a corn and potato chowder. I used parsnips and cauliflower for the creaminess and bacon for flavor. It turned out great, you can't tell that it is dairy free. Of course, I forgot to take photos or write down proportions, still getting back into the swing of things...I will post about it soon. When I make soup I like to make at least a half gallon. That gives me enough for at least two dinners and maybe a lunch or two. I vary the side dishes and sometimes make my millet muffins to go with, for a real treat.

On Sunday I roasted a chicken with my curry spices and baked a large hubbard squash. I have leftover chicken which Bob will enjoy for lunch or we can use as part of another dinner.
I plan to puree some of the squash to serve as a side dish and maybe make into some kind of dessert or I may just freeze it.

So that's what I have been up to lately...as well as making baklava. I promise to post that soon too.






No comments:

Post a Comment